Sunday, June 6, 2010

Marilyn Monroe

 Marilyn Quotes

If I'd observed all the rules, I would never have got anywhere. 

Dogs never bite me. Just humans.

Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature

People had a habit of looking at me as if I were some kind of mirror instead of a person. They didn`t see me, they saw their own lewd thoughts, then they white-masked themselves by calling me the lewd one.

Hollywood is a place where they`ll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss, and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough, and held out for the fifty cents.


Marilyns Bio
 
Marilyn Monroe's career as an actress spanned 16 years. She made 29 films, 24 in the first 8 years of her career.

Born as Norma Jeane Mortenson on June 1, 1926 in Los Angeles General Hospital, her mother, Gladys, listed the fathers address as unknown. Marilyn would never know the true identity of her father.
 Her mother was mentally unstable so Norma Jeane was placed in the foster home of Albert and Ida Bolender for seven years.


  In 1933, Norma Jeane lived briefly with her mother. Gladys begin to show signs of mental depression and in 1934 was admitted to a rest home in Santa Monica. Grace McKee, a close friend of her mother took over the care of Norma Jeane. "Grace loved and adored her", recalled one of her co-workers. Grace, telling her..."Don't worry, Norma Jeane. You're going to be a beautiful girl when you get big...an important woman, a movie star." Grace was captivated by Jean Harlow, a superstar of the twenties, and Marilyn would later say..."and so Jean Harlow was my idol."

Marilyn Trivia

In 1947, Marilyn Monroe, then a little known Hollywood starlet, won a curious contest: she was crowned the first "Artichoke Queen of Castroville, California"





No comments:

Post a Comment